Presented by Minii Adventures Mountain Bike Experiences
What gets you up (via chairlift), you get to experience riding downhill!
Welcome to the gravity-fed side of mountain biking. It’s a rush and a thrill. Whether you come from a cross-country riding background, crave the adrenaline rush of riding downhill with some experience, or if it’s your first time on the trails altogether, it’s essential to start on the right track. With gravity-fed trails comes higher speeds, and therefore higher consequences. Learn faster and safer from the professional mountain bike coaches of Minii Adventures Mountain Bike Experiences. They’ll help you amplify your skills and discover your potential at the bike park when joining a 2 Hour Intro to Downhill Lesson. It will be one of the best days on your bike!
During the lesson, Minii Adventures’ experienced and knowledgeable coaches will help riders develop fundamental mountain biking skills such as body positioning, braking, cornering, trail safety and etiquette, while safely navigating the Horseshoe Bike Park trails.
**Lessons must be booked in advance September 26th – October 11th; please book by 5pm the night before. Call Guest Services at 705-835-2790 ext. 1344 to book your spot.**
Hours of Operation & Pricing
DAYS OF THE WEEK
SINGLE RIDER PRICE
Saturday & Sunday
11:00am – 1:00pm & 2:00pm – 4:00pm
*Maximum of 6 riders per lesson
*Does not include lift pass or rentals.
Minimum age of 8 years old to participate.
2 riders = $90
3 riders = $75
4 riders = $65
5 riders = $60
6 riders = $55
*Above pricing only applicable if booked and paid all at once, a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Does not include lift pass or rentals. Minimum age of 8 years old to participate.
**Please note that lessons won’t be available on Saturday September 12th and will only be available from 2:00pm – 4:00pm on Sunday September 20th and Saturday September 26th. Lessons must be booked in advance September 26th – October 11th; please book by 5pm the night before. Call Guest Services at 705-835-2790 ext. 1344 to book your spot.**
What to Expect
A mountain bike clinic tailored to beginner, intermediate and advanced riders (ages 8 and above).
- 2 hour lesson (morning or afternoon lessons available)
- You will encounter mainly beginner to intermediate flow and technical trails
- You will experience an extensive and safe introduction to downhill biking and learn the basics of body positioning, braking and cornering and how to load your bike onto the chairlift from our experienced, knowledgeable and fun coaches
What Should I Bring With Me & Wear?
- Please dress appropriately for the weather/temperature
- Shorts and t-shirts are fine with a sweater or jacket and light pants/tights for cooler days
- Closed toes shoes are required; no sandals or flip flops (Five Ten mountain biking shoes or Vans do the trick too)
- We suggest bringing your own sunglasses or goggles and biking gloves
- You may bring a small backpack/riding pack with water and snacks if you would like, but we will stop for water breaks at the top and bottom of each run if needed
- We will be riding in all weather, so please be prepared with rain gear and sunscreen
What Equipment Do I Need?
- Full face helmets are mandatory
- We highly recommend wearing knee and elbow pads (available to rent)
- If using your own bike, it must have:
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- 2″ or wider treaded tires
- Front suspension at the least (full suspension preferred)
**Bikes and gear are available to rent, but there is a limited supply. We recommend reserving equipment in advance. Please call the Guest Services team at 705-835-2790 ext. 1344 for rentals.**
Riding Level Ability
- Beginner riders that can comfortably ride on pavement or wide gravel trails, maintain balance, can use hand brakes and are able to stand up on the bike while coasting
- Intermediate-Advanced cross country riders that are looking to learn how to ride downhill
- Intermediate-Advanced downhill riders that are looking to refine the fundamentals skills
- Minimum age of 8 years old to participate
- We highly recommend reserving a spot in advance to ensure availability, especially if you are a group
- Please note that there are a limited number of rental bikes available; we recommend reserving a bike in advance by calling the Guest Services team at 705-835-2790 ext. 1344
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled start time to ensure you have your lift pass and rentals (if needed) and are ready to ride at your lesson start time
- Lift tickets can be purchased at the kiosks located at the top of the stairs outside the entrance of the main chalet
- Once you have your lift ticket and rentals (if applicable), please meet outside of the bike rental exit/return area
**Please call Guest Services at 705-835-2790 ext. 1344 to book your spot**