UPDATE: UNDER THE CURRENT SHUTDOWN RESTRICTIONS, THE SNOWSHOEING TRAILS ARE PERMITTED TO BE OPEN
A food truck is set up beside the building, offering poutine, chili, sausage on a bun and hot chocolate and is open Wednesday – Sunday from 11am – 4pm.
In an effort to reduce capacity, a limited number of trail passes will be available each day. It is strongly recommended that guests purchase trail passes in advance, as walk-up/day-of trail pass availability is not guaranteed.
Click here for trail conditions and information.
The 2020/21 season will look a little different than what we are used to, but after successfully adjusting our summer operations, we are confident that we will be able to deliver a safe and enjoyable winter experience for all.
Here are a few of the changes you can expect:
- Under the current restrictions, access to the chalet building is not permitted; please visit the outdoor ticket hut or kiosk to purchase your trail pass or scan the QR code from your online purchase.
- In an effort to reduce capacity, a limited number of trail passes will be available each day. It is strongly recommended that guests purchase trail passes in advance, as walk-up/day-of trail pass availability is not guaranteed.
- Contact tracing and COVID-19 screening is in effect.
- Guests will be required to arrive at the resort in their gear and will need to leave personal belongings in their vehicles. Please dress for the weather and be prepared to spend more time outside this winter.
- Heated outdoor washrooms are available beside the chalet.
- Gatherings are not permitted; please maintain a distance of 6ft from anyone outside of your household.
- Physical distancing measures are in effect for both guests and team members.
- Face coverings required.
Due to the nature of the pandemic, policies and procedures are subject to change. We will continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations set forth by the Ontario government and public health officials. Click here for more information on our COVID-19 policies and procedures.
We hope that everyone is staying safe and we look forward to seeing you out on the trails.
Explore The Copeland Forest
Snowshoeing is a great way to work out and enjoy the trails! Go for an hour, or for the day. Horseshoe Resort sits on the edge of the Copeland Forest, where you can enjoy snowshoeing for all levels. Visit our Cross Country building to purchase your trail pass, rentals and to pick up a snowshoeing trail map.
Hours of Operation
9:00am – 4:30pm
*Please note that dates and hours of operation are subject to change based on weather conditions.
Daily Trail Pass
|All ages||9:00am – 4:30pm||$18|
Trail passes are non-refundable, but can be changed to a different date in the 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 season. Refunds and date deferrals will not be issued due to inclement weather.
|Adult||13 – 64 yrs|
|12 & Under/65+ yrs||$18|
Rentals are non-refundable, but can be changed to a different date in the 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 season. Refunds and date deferrals will not be issued due to inclement weather.
Click here for a detailed trail map
- Beaver Pond Loop (4 km) – an easier flat trail
- Achey Breaky (4.5 km) – intermediate loop
- Ridge Trail loop (4 km) – difficult loop with many steep hills; poles are recommended