- Ages 6 to adult
- 8 week program starting Saturday January 12th, 2019
- Student assessment and equipment fitting only on week one, with full lessons weeks two through eight
- Please note that lessons do not run over Family Day weekend (February 16 – 17, 2019)
- Helmets are mandatory for participation in this program
The Canadian Adaptive Snowsports (CADS) program at Horseshoe Resort runs for eight weeks starting Saturday January 12th, 2019. The program provides ski and snowboard lessons adapted for individuals who are physically or intellectually challenged, based on Safety-Fun-Learning. There are two 1.5 hour sessions, with the morning session running from 10:15am to 11:45am and the afternoon from 1:15pm to 2:45pm. After assessment of students’ needs for participation, skiers and boarders are matched with trained volunteer ski partners and CADS Certified Instructors. Space is limited with priority given to returning students.
|lift tickets and adaptive equipment/rentals|
8 WEEK PROGRAM
Please note that a CADS Membership is mandatory
*above prices subject to applicable HST
**Please note that CADS membership does not guarantee placement in the program and should only be completed once placement in the program is confirmed**
Due to the limited amount of adaptive equipment and the number of volunteers required to run the program, everyone who is interested in participating must complete the Student Information Form for assessment of needs and will be put on the CADS program waiting list. Applications will be accepted starting in October, with priority given to returning students. A doctor’s note supporting student’s participation may be requested at the discretion of the Program Coordinators.
Please contact the Program Coordinators at horseshoeCADS@gmail.com to be put on the waiting list and to be sent a copy of the Student Information Form.
- Space is very limited and all potential participants are placed on a waiting list
- Applicants will not be contacted on their status until mid-December, once our CADS volunteer numbers are determined
- Priority is given to returning students
- CADS is run by volunteers and specialized equipment is limited
- No payment will be accepted until after CADS can confirm an available lesson space
- Each student is required to complete an information form so that CADS can pair up available equipment and volunteers with the correct students