January 13th, 2021
As per the updated government restrictions, our cross country, snowshoeing and fat biking trails are able to remain open during the province-wide shutdown and stay-at-home order. We will continue to follow all guidelines set forth by the Government of Ontario and the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit.
Click here for more information.
While it is impossible to predict what’s to come in the days, weeks and months ahead, one thing is for certain–we are all looking forward to getting back out on the slopes, trails and tubing hill!
The 2020/21 season will look a little different than what we are used to, but after successfully adjusting our summer operations, we are confident that we will be able to deliver a safe and enjoyable winter experience for all.
Here are a few of the changes you can expect:
- Face coverings will be required in all buildings on resort property, as well as in chairlift/magic carpet lines and while riding chairlifts/magic carpets. It is strongly recommended that guests also keep their face covered while on hill and while walking around the resort property.
- Physical distancing measures will be in effect in all areas of the resort (indoors and outdoors).
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization practices are in place resort-wide.
- Frequent disinfecting of high touch point areas.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at all entrances.
- In an effort to reduce on hill capacity, a limited number of lift tickets will be available each day.
- Priority access will be given to season pass holders, 8 week ski & snowboard participants, ski & stay guests and advanced lift ticket purchasers. It is strongly recommended that guests purchase lift tickets in advance, as walk-up/day-of lift ticket purchases are not guaranteed.
- Chalet access will be restricted; first come, first served. Lift ticket kiosks and ticket desks will be available outside for those who do not require alpine rentals or lessons.
- Change rooms and lockers will not be available this season; guests will be required to arrive at the resort in their gear and will need to leave personal belongings in their vehicles.
Due to the nature of the pandemic, policies and procedures are subject to change. We will continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations set forth by the Ontario government and public health officials. Click here for more information on our COVID-19 policies and procedures.
We hope that everyone is staying safe and we look forward to seeing you out on the slopes for the 2020/21 season.
Horseshoe Resort is much more than alpine skiing and cross country skiing. Horseshoe has an amazing variety of winter activities for you to explore. Make the most of your getaway by experiencing the best of outdoor adventure in the natural, scenic surroundings of Horseshoe Valley!
For additional information on winter activities please call (705) 835-2790 ext. 1344 or email email@example.com