Plan Your Stay Online:BOOK NOW
Thinking of trying skiing or snowboarding for the first time? At Horseshoe Resort, we make it easy for you to turn that curiosity into a life-long passion! Our ski season runs from approximately December until Mid-March.
When arriving at Horseshoe Resort for skiing and snowboarding, take the first right into our main parking lot. Once parked, please proceed to Guest Services in the main chalet where you can get all your information and get started for a fun filled day of skiing or snowboarding!
WE HAVE A LIFT TICKET THAT’S RIGHT FOR YOU
You can purchase your lift ticket online or at Guest Services, where they will help you decide what ticket is best for you. Access the chair lifts from the convenience of your pocket with an RFID lift ticket and enjoy a streamlined lift line experience due to the new technology. Keep the RFID card in a left-side pocket away from your phone, credit cards and foil (such as gum wrappers). Learn more about RFID.
DON’T HAVE YOUR OWN SKIS? NO PROBLEM!
We’ve got the ski and snowboard equipment you need for that first day on the hill. When you enter our rental department, the staff will give you a hand with fitting and picking up the equipment needed for your adventure. They will need your rental form in order to get equipment for you. Our staff will size you for a helmet, ski/snowboard boots and skis/snowboard. Snow boots and other items should be kept secure in your vehicle or on the boot racks while you’re wearing our ski/snowboard boots. Once you’re all set up with your equipment, make sure to put your gloves on and head on out to the hill for some fun!
TAKE A SKIING/SNOWBOARDING LESSON
At Guest Services, you may purchase and book a Private Lesson. One of our 100+ instructors will lead you in a lesson to make that first time on the slopes a thrill.
Here’s a video for what you can expect from a private lesson as a beginner. Note: Rentals and your lift ticket are sold separately.
We also offer Discovery Ski Package on Saturdays and Sundays! Learn more about this awesome weekend opportunity for beginner skiers. It includes a group lesson, rentals and a beginner lift ticket.
CHECK OUR MAPS
You can ask the employees at Guest Services which hills are great for beginners. When you take the chairlift up the hill, there will also be a map at the top so you can see which hill you’d like to go down! You can also check our ski report.
Feeling a little hungry after some fun outside? We have a great selection of delicious food venues here at Horseshoe Resort. If you’re needing a little relaxation time with some hot coffee and fresh-baked good, head to the Shoe Brew Café in the lower level of the main chalet. Wanting a quick and yummy meal so you can get right back on the slopes? Head to our Cafeteria located on the top floor of the main chalet. If you’re wanting a delicious sit-down lunch or dinner, check out the Crazy Horse Sports Bar & Grill. Just take a seat and let our servers help you out! Last but not least, if you’re feeling like pizza, try a delicious meal at Eleven 01 Stone Oven Pizza.
- Wear layers that will keep you warm under your winter jacket. Sometimes an extra sweater might be needed on those beautiful, cold winter days.
- Snowpants are highly recommended, as they protect you from the cold and snow. Denim and cotton are not recommended, as the snow will soak through, making you very cold.
- Wearing eye protection is very important. Goggles or sunglasses are highly recommended.
- Sometimes bringing an extra pair of socks is a good idea, just in case your toes get cold.
- Gloves and handwear should be water-resistant — you don’t want to have cold hands all day! But if they do get a tad cold, you can always purchase hand warmers, which will get your hands back to being comfy and warm (they also have these for your toes too).
- If you’re feeling cold, please come inside to warm up… and maybe get yourself a delicious hot chocolate!