The 2020/21 ski season will look a little different than what we are used to, but after successfully adjusting our summer operations, we are confident that we will be able to deliver a safe and enjoyable winter experience for all.
Here are a few of the changes you can expect:
- Face coverings will be required in all buildings on resort property, as well as in chairlift/magic carpet lines and while riding chairlifts/magic carpets. It is strongly recommended that guests also keep their face covered while on hill and while walking around the resort property.
- Physical distancing measures will be in effect in all areas of the resort (indoors and outdoors).
- There will be Same Household and Single Rider lines at each chairlift. In accordance with updated guidelines from the Ontario government, one empty seat is required between those who are not from the same household.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization practices are in place resort-wide.
- Frequent disinfecting of high touch point areas.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at all entrances.
- In an effort to reduce on hill capacity, a limited number of lift tickets will be available each day.
- Priority access will be given to season pass holders, ski & stay guests and advanced lift ticket purchasers. It is strongly recommended that guests purchase lift tickets in advance, as walk-up/day-of lift ticket purchases are not guaranteed.
- Chalet access will be restricted; first come, first served. Lift ticket kiosks and ticket desks will be available outside for those who do not require rentals or lessons.
- Change rooms and lockers will not be available this season; guests will be required to arrive at the resort in their gear and will need to leave personal belongings in their vehicles.
Ski industry leaders from across North America have established the Ski Well, Be Well best operating practices, according to scientific guidelines put forth by infectious disease experts, public health authorities and the World Health Organization. Horseshoe Resort is committed to implementing the Ski Well, Be Well best practices in addition to our own policies and procedures.
Due to the nature of the pandemic, policies and procedures are subject to change. We will continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations set forth by the Ontario government and public health officials.
We hope that everyone is staying safe and we look forward to seeing you out on the slopes for the 2020/21 season.
Why Ski and Snowboard at Horseshoe Resort?
Come discover why Horseshoe Resort, located near Barrie and just one hour north of Toronto, is a top destination for family winter fun. With 29 downhill ski and snowboard runs, perfect for every level of skier and over 30km of groomed cross country ski trails, Horseshoe Resort has all your ski and snowboard needs covered.
- New quad chairlift (December 2019)
- New black diamond run (December 2019)
- Six person high speed chairlift means you spend more time on the slopes and less time waiting
- Upgraded snowmaking facilities (2018 and 2019) means there’s snow in almost every forecast
- On-site accommodations, including brand new condominium suites (2018)
- Closest major hill to Toronto and the GTA – one hour north on Hwy 400. Don’t waste your weekend in the car!
- Open 7 nights a week for night skiing
- Over 100 ski and snowboard instructors
- Ontario’s longest beginner’s carpet, ideal for those new to skiing or snowboarding
- Ontario’s best progression terrain park
- Brand new Rossignol alpine rental fleet
- Brand new Burton snowboard rental fleet
- Our large selection of activities means there something for all outdoor enthusiasts, not just skiers – try our fat bikes, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, snow tubing and slopeside skating
- 30km of groomed cross country and snowshoeing trails that connect with the Copeland Forest
- Free Wifi – for the perfect slopeside selfies
- The ultimate après patio at the base of the hill