The 2020 bike season will look a little different than what we are used to, but we are confident that with the new policies and protocols in place, we will be able to deliver a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
Please know that all necessary safety measures and protocols will take place in order to comply with provincial health guidelines regarding COVID-19. While biking is a sport that naturally allows for social distancing, the below measures will help ensure the health and safety of riders and Horseshoe team members.
- Day tickets can be purchased at the kiosks located in front of the main chalet; hand sanitizer and wipes will be available to clean surfaces before and/or after use.
- Season Passes can be picked up at Guest Services, located in the main chalet. If you have emailed your own photo to Guest Services, your pass has already been printed and will be available to pick up outside the entrance of the main chalet. A team member will be outside to assist you.
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon entering the building, plexiglass has been installed at the ticket desk and physical distancing markers are in place.
- Credit card or debit payment is strongly encouraged.
- Once you have your day ticket or season pass, you can proceed to the chairlift while maintaining a distance of 6ft from anyone outside of your household at all times (inside the building and anywhere on resort property).
- Riders must refrain from handling anyone else’s equipment/gear.
- Riders are encouraged to bring their own bikes, however a limited number of rental bikes will be available and will be disinfected between each use.
- When waiting in line at the chairlift, riders must respect the physical distancing markers in place, maintaining a distance of 6ft from anyone outside of their household at all times.
- Riders will load their own bikes onto the chairlift; those who need assistance will have the option of parking their bike at the rack and stepping away so the lift operator can collect the bike and load it onto the chair, while maintaining a safe distance of 6ft.
- Limit of 2 riders per chair; must sit at opposite ends.
- At the top of the hill, a lift attendant will take the bikes off of the chair and put them aside for riders.
- The chair will be disinfected once the riders unload.
- Sanitizer will be available at the top of the hill.
- Uphill travel on the lift only.
On the Trails
- Riders are asked to only ride with those they arrived with.
- Helmets are mandatory; Full face helmets and additional face masks are recommended.
- Riders are encouraged to ride within their limits; please ride smart and ride safe.
- As always, alcohol is not permitted on the trails.
Upon Ride Completion
- For those with rental bikes, we kindly ask that you return your bike to the rental area for cleaning and sanitization.
- Promptly return to your vehicle (no gatherings/loitering in parking lot or anywhere else on resort property).
Non-Riders On Trails and Chairlift
- Only riders are permitted on the chairlift and bike trails.
- For their own safety, hikers are not permitted access.
- Riders are asked to phone and report location of non-riders to Guest Services (705-835-2790 ext. 1344).
- Maintain a distance of 6ft from anyone outside of your household
- Avoid common greetings such as handshakes and high fives
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching face and eyes with unwashed hands
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Please stay home if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Dry Cough
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
We ask for your patience, understanding and cooperation as we all adjust to these guidelines. Riders who are not following the guidelines will be asked to leave immediately.