We are very excited to start welcoming overnight guests back to the resort as of Thursday June 11th, 2020. A lot has changed over the past several months, but our commitment to providing the ultimate guest experience remains the same. Guests can escape to the peaceful surroundings of Horseshoe Valley, experience a variety of outdoor activities and enjoy delicious food and beverage options, all while knowing that their health and safety is top priority.
IMPORTANT: As per the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, the public is required to wear a face covering (ie. non-medical mask) when entering the indoor premises of businesses and organizations starting Monday July 13th, 2020. As such, face coverings will now be mandatory for guests and Horseshoe team members in all buildings on the resort property. Children under the age of 2 or those under 5 who cannot be persuaded, are not required to wear a face covering, as well as individuals whose health or ability, or cultural or religious reasons would prevent them from doing so. Physical distancing measures are still in effect.
Our team has been working hard to implement new protocols in order to ensure the health and safety of our guests, team members and local community. Here are just a few of the changes we have made:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization practices are in place resort-wide
- Frequent disinfecting of high touch point areas
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at all guest and employee entrances
- Physical distancing measures are in effect in all areas of the resort (indoors and outdoors), for both guests and team members
- Plexiglass has been installed at the Front Desk, Tiki Hut, Shoe Brew, Guest Services Ticket Desk, Retail Store and Golf Shop
- We have expanded our outdoor patio space to ensure that physical distancing guidelines are being met
- Indoor dining, patio dining and take-out options are available
COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
- As per the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, the public is required to wear a face covering (ie. non-medical mask) when entering the indoor premises of businesses and organizations starting Monday July 13th, 2020. As such, face coverings will now be mandatory for guests and Horseshoe team members in all buildings on the resort property. Children under the age of 2 or those under 5 who cannot be persuaded, are not required to wear a face covering, as well as individuals whose health or ability, or cultural or religious reasons would prevent them from doing so.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization practices are in place resort-wide, with frequent disinfecting of high touch point areas
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at all guest and employee entrances
- Physical distancing measures are in effect in all areas of the resort, for both guests and team members
- Some of our team members will be wearing face masks and gloves, depending on their role
- Physical distancing markers can be found on the floor in the Front Desk area and plexiglass is present at the Front Desk.
- The Front Desk is still available 24/7 for all guest inquiries.
- Elevator occupancy is limited to one person or a single family staying in the same hotel room or condo unit.
- We have updated all of our cleaning and sanitization policies, based on industry standards and public health recommendations. High touch point areas such as remotes, light switches, door handles, telephones, bathroom handles and faucets and desk and counter surfaces will receive frequent disinfecting.
- Stayover service will not be provided in order to protect guests and housekeeping staff. Additional towels and linen can be requested by calling the Front Desk and items will be delivered to the room.
- All housekeeping staff will be equipped with gloves and a face mask.
Our culinary team has taken incredible measures to ensure your food and drinks are as safe as they are delicious!
- All of our chefs and cooks have their safe food handler certification.
- All kitchen staff will be gloved and masked during food preparation, while adhering to physical distancing guidelines.
- Extra care will be taken in regards to sanitizing high contact points such as fridge door handles, cooler door handles, table tops and kitchen utensils.
- Indoor dining is available at the Crazy Horse Sports Bar & Grill, with limited seating available.
- Face coverings are required for indoor dining and can only be removed when eating or drinking.
- All patrons must be seated at a table when dining indoors; standing or sitting at the bar area is not permitted.
- Family friendly take-out options are available to order from the Crazy Horse Sports Bar & Grill.
- À la carte breakfast items are available daily at the Crazy Horse Sports Bar & Grill.
- Tables and chairs (both indoors and outdoors) will be cleaned/sanitized after each use.
- Debit or credit card payment is strongly recommended.
- Eleven01 Taphouse + Kitchen and the Shoe Brew will reopen for ski season.
- Only players with a booked and prepaid tee time will be permitted (no walk-ons)
- Vehicles will be greeted by a Horseshoe team member to verify reservations
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your reserved tee time
- Anyone arriving earlier than 15 minutes will be asked to wait in their respective vehicles
- Players will check in at the new golf shop located beside the snow tubing hill, observing physical distancing signage
- Players will be directed to carts that have been cleaned and sanitized for their use
- Players are required to load their own golf bags on to golf carts
- Limit of 1 player per cart unless residing in the same household
- Players are welcome to walk, however no push carts are available
- All scorecards, pencils, divot tools and the like will be removed from public areas
- Scorecards will be distributed when requested
- A digital scorecard is available via the free Horseshoe Resort smart phone app
- Ball washers, benches, bunker rakes, garbage cans and the like will be removed
- Pin flags must remain untouched by golfers and left in the cup; pin caddy's have been installed at each hole in order for golfers to retrieve their ball safely
- Pace of play is imperative to ensure proper physical distancing between groups
- If a wait occurs, groups must safely physical distance until the tee deck ahead clears
- As always, no outside alcohol is permitted on the course
- Horseshoe team members will monitor the course to ensure physical distancing measures are being observed
- Any ball deemed lost in a forested area shall be treated as a red penalty area
- Players may drop a ball within 2 club lengths at the point it entered the forested area under penalty of one stroke
- Players may take free relief from disturbed areas in the sand (eg. foot prints) should their lie, swing or stance be affected
- Players may place their ball in the nearest undisturbed area of the bunker without penalty
- Players are encouraged to smooth over disturbed sand after their shot is played with their foot or club
- Players may pick up their ball when it is within 5 feet (1.5 metres) of the hole when adding one stroke (ie. gimme)
- All scores posted for rounds using any of the options outlined above would be acceptable for handicap purposes as per Golf Canada
Upon Round Completion
- Please remove and dispose of all personal garbage from your golf cart
- Please return your golf cart to the designated area for cleaning and sanitization
- If you wish to make a future reservation please do so online or by phone
- Physical distancing in effect
- Limit of 4 customers in the shop at one time
- Club rentals will not be available
Non-Golfers On Course
- Only golfers are permitted on the 9 Hole Valley Course and the 9 Hole Par 3 Course
- For their own safety; walkers, bikers, hikers or the like are not permitted access
- Any person(s) found on the Valley Course or Par 3 Course will be promptly escorted off
- Golfers are asked to phone and report location of non-golfers to the Pro Shop
We ask for your patience, understanding and cooperation as we all adjust to these guidelines. Golfers who are not following the guidelines will be asked to leave immediately.
*CLOSED FOR THE SEASON**
Hours of Operation
- Open Friday - Sunday from 10am - 5pm
- Open Thanksgiving Monday from 10am - 3pm (final day of operation for the season)
- Day tickets can be purchased at the kiosks located in front of the main chalet; hand sanitizer and wipes will be available to clean surfaces before and/or after use.
- Season Passes can be picked up at Guest Services, located in the main chalet.
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon entering the building, plexiglass has been installed at the ticket desk and physical distancing markers are in place.
- Credit card or debit payment is strongly encouraged.
- Once you have your day ticket or season pass, you can proceed to the chairlift while maintaining a distance of 6ft from anyone outside of your household at all times (inside the building and anywhere on resort property).
- Riders must refrain from handling anyone else’s equipment/gear.
- Riders are encouraged to bring their own bikes, however a limited number of rental bikes will be available and will be disinfected between each use.
- When waiting in line at the chairlift, riders must respect the physical distancing markers in place, maintaining a distance of 6ft from anyone outside of their household at all times.
- Riders will load their own bikes onto the chairlift; those who need assistance will have the option of parking their bike at the rack and stepping away so the lift operator can collect the bike and load it onto the chair, while maintaining a safe distance of 6ft.
- Limit of 2 riders per chair; must sit at opposite ends.
- At the top of the hill, a lift attendant will take the bikes off of the chair and put them aside for riders.
- The chair will be disinfected once the riders unload.
- Sanitizer will be available at the top of the hill.
- Uphill travel on the lift only.
On the Trails
- Riders are asked to only ride with those they arrived with.
- Helmets are mandatory; Full face helmets and additional face masks are recommended.
- Riders are encouraged to ride within their limits; please ride smart and ride safe.
- As always, alcohol is not permitted on the trails.
Upon Ride Completion
- For those with rental bikes, we kindly ask that you return your bike to the rental area for cleaning and sanitization.
Non-Riders On Trails and Chairlift
- Only riders are permitted on the chairlift and bike trails.
- For their own safety, hikers are not permitted access.
- Riders are asked to phone and report location of non-riders to Guest Services (705-835-2790 ext. 1344).
We ask for your patience, understanding and cooperation as we all adjust to these guidelines. Riders who are not following the guidelines will be asked to leave immediately.
- Closed for the season
- Open daily 10am - 5pm (will be closed during and after heavy rain)
- Please visit the Front Desk to pick up golf clubs and golf balls
- Physical distancing in effect
- Golf clubs and golf balls will be sanitized after each use
- Debit or credit card payment is strongly recommended
- Open daily from 9am - 3pm
- Reservations are strongly recommended
- Click here for information on new policies and procedures
INDOOR POOL, OUTDOOR POOL & HOT TUB
- Open daily from 8am - 8pm
- Maximum of 25 guests allowed in the indoor pool area at one time
- Maximum of 7 guests allowed in the outdoor pool area at one time
- Maximum of 4 guests allowed in the hot tub at one time
- Guests must book a swimming time slot with the Front Desk; please call ahead or book with the Front Desk upon arrival
- Each time slot is one hour
- After each time slot, the pool deck, change rooms, showers, benches, towel racks, counters, chairs and tables will be cleaned and disinfected
- Open daily from 9am - 7pm
- Maximum of 5 guests allowed in the gym at one time
- Guests must book a gym time slot with the Front Desk
- Guests are required to sign in AND sign out at the Front Desk
- Each time slot is 45 minutes, followed by 15 minutes to clean the gym
- Weights, machines, benches and floor space must be thoroughly disinfected after use
- Face coverings must be worn in change rooms and in the lobby/hallway leading to the gym; Face coverings are not required while working out
- Guests must maintain physical distancing of at least 2m in the gym and in the change rooms
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Open Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Appointments must be booked in advance; walk-ins are not permitted at this time
To ensure the safety and well-being of our guests and team members, we have implemented the following safety standards and protocols with the guidance of the College of Massage Therapy (CMTO) and Ontario’s Ministry of Health.
- Increased disinfection protocols have been put in place to ensure that all high touch surfaces, tables, light switches, door handles and floors are all wiped and cleaned on a regular basis
- Guests must book ahead by phone or email; walk-ins are not permitted at this time
- Appointment times will be staggered
- Clients are not permitted to lounge in the area before or after the treatment
- Both team members and guests are asked to wear a mask
- Hand hygiene is required upon entering and leaving the Spa
- Tea, water and magazines have all been removed from the spa reception space
- Select services will not be available for the time being
- Last minute cancellation penalties will be waived (except for no-show)
Prior to Arrival
- We will be calling all guests who are visiting our facility to determine if they’ve traveled recently, have any symptoms that would indicate that they are unwell, or if they have had recent contact with anyone who has been unwell
- For Amba team members, there is a zero-symptom allowed policy; our team members are asked to stay home if they are showing any signs of illness
- If you develop any symptoms prior to arriving, please arrange to reschedule your appointment
- Guests will be screened before treatment to ensure that there are no COVID-19 symptoms
- If you develop any symptoms prior to arriving, please arrange to reschedule and the cancellation fee will be waived.
- Symptoms include any of the following: Fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat/painful swallowing, loss of sense of smell, excessive fatigue, stuffy, runny nose, headaches or muscle aches not related to an injury, that presents like flu-like symptoms. If any of these symptoms are present, the client cannot be treated
- We ask you to please arrive alone and 10 minutes prior to your treatment
- Hotel guests are required to leave their coats/belongings in their hotel room
- Hand hygiene is required upon entering the Spa
Upon Treatment Completion
- Hand hygiene is required before leaving the Spa
- Clients are not permitted to lounge in the area after treatment